Sunday, June 19, 2011

The Re Begining

This has been the summer of new beginnings for all in my house.  This week my teenager got her summer packets for school, they are for Pre Cal, AP History, and AP World History.  She is actually very excited and although I have to buy actual books (no kindle versions allowed) I am also excited to see her read a few classic.  My husband, has returned to the world of the working and although the 12 hour shifts are not easy to deal with for either of us we are glad to have a bigger income supporting our family.  I have put in my two weeks notice, I am currently training someone to take over my job and believe me I am relieved, excited and glad that my job is coming to an end. 

My husband and I have done the math over and over again and it just doesn't add up because of childcare, gas, and of course the manic schedules that we have. Just running our house on an average day is crazy, but add in doctors appointments, school plays, dropping off and picking up from school, grocery shopping, and of course many other thing that are impossible to do when I am not here.  Unlike many people, I do not have a mother or a mother in law available to watch the children or shuttle them back and forth for me. 
We are also officially moving next weekend and that in itself is another set of issue that need me at home to deal with.  I am at this moment shopping for school uniforms for the 3 girls who will be attending private school next year and hoping to have all of it done weeks before school starts so that I can start on Christmas shopping. 

I have a large family, I am the mother of many children, and I have to accept and embrace that my life is always in mid spin, in a tornado of chaos and always noisy.  I love the insanity that is our life and although I will miss the income, I know that its a benefit for me and a blessing that I will be able to spend this time with my children. 

Now, if I could just get back into a good rhythm with my school work all would be right with the world. 

Are you enjoying your summer?
What did you get your husband for Father's Day

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Swidget 1.0 2