Tuesday, July 12, 2011

30 days to clean

As I sit at this computer I wonder to myself, why is my house such a mess?  It's not from lack of trying to clean, but I feel that my system is very flawed.  I have an average size family in my view, we have an average size house, but the amount of work to keep it clean seems to be increasing.  My husband believes that I need to be firm and put my foot down and make the children more responsible.  I tend to agree but don't really know where to start, I feel like a tiny ship about to be swallowed by the ocean. 
I have loads of laundry, loads of dishes, and loads of unpacking to get done, but I have to admit I just can't seem to get in a good place to accomplish anything.  I recently notice that I tend to move from room to room while I clean, bad habit and a bit distracting.  I also notice that once I leave a room and comeback I often forget what I was doing.  I have not required much accountability from my children and that has to change because it's affecting my ability to do my school work as well as other house work.  In no way to I want to have a perfect home, but I would like to be know that if someone stops by that they can sit on my couch and also use my bathroom. 
So this week my goal is to work on my inability to finish a project, to stay in one room at a time and to allow for distractions (1 year olds are notorious distractions).  My largest and most difficult is to make the children more accountable without turning into the crazy lady who yells at them a while they clean.  Lets see how this all goes because with a new house comes different responsibilities and so new challenges.  I am still at a lost as to what to do with my pantry, I think I might give that job to my teenager on grocery day. 
I will be making a list of chores that the children will be responsible for and I will also be making a list for my hubby.  Yes, he works 12 hours but he also needs to do a few things to help our household run smoothly.  My goal is to have a better household in 30 days and be more prepared for when school starts in August. 
30 days to go and I will try to journal my struggle of keeping my sanity and learning to keep my house in order.  I will try to post photos of how the mess has taken over my house and I havent even been her for a week yet, so embarrassing. 
Ready Set Go
PS on the advice of a friend I have joined flylady and I hope that they will be a source of motivation and support during the time of change. 
QueenKai
aka Jayde N

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Swidget 1.0 2