Thursday, September 24, 2009

The run around

Does it ever seem like you need a clone in order to cover all the things you have to do in a day? It seems like mothers are always on the go and running around like crazy people. I myself have been in a hurry to get everywhere and then once I get there I am in a hurry to get somewhere else. I have been running and running all day and I am exhausted. Todays' schedules are crazy, I have my schedule, the kids schedule, my husbands schedule, and even my in-laws schedule to deal with. I find myself always with a calendar in hand or on the fridge but always forgetting to do something. I have found my salvation in to online calendar that have kept me on the ball for the past month which is saying a lot. Cozi is the first one its a free service that allows me to put my schedule along with everyone else and color code it, it also allows me to send reminders to cell phones. I love the fact that I can also do a grocery list or shopping list, send it to my phone or even call in and get it from the service. I also have it as an iPhone app so I am really covered. The other is the Google icalendar that allows you to email to yourself and its a basic calendar that I keep my school schedule on so that it sends me reminders for what homework is due the day before. I love both of these applications for there simplicity and for the reminder features on both. I myself still feel a little rushed and hurried and I know that its not always the best to have multiple calendars, but I usually update each on Sunday and if I have to add to them its just a few clicks on the computer. I have a great idea for my little kids, they each picked a color and we have a dry erase, magnetic board that we use pictures only for so they know when they are going to doctor, my 4 year old is pink and all her pictures are pink. I got the graphics off of the Internet and printed them on colored paper and used some magnet strips from Walmart. I really like the way this has help them also keep up with there school schedule so they know when picture day or a field trip is. Anyhow for those of you with the run around life I just thought I would give you a few suggestions and I hope they help. If you have any suggestions please feel free to drop me a line at queen73kai@gmail.com.

Cozi https://secure.cozi.com/Signup.htm
Goggle icalendar

QueenKai

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Swidget 1.0 2