Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Mommy & Me

My 3 year old and I attend Mommy and Me classes twice a week. Its a special time when it just us two and I have to say that I really enjoy that time. Its only been a few classes so far but I do notice some things about her that I didn't before.

All of the kids in class tend to primarily play by themselves, they do not need or want friends right now. My dd is a loner even at home, but its normal for her age, she likes to do things in her own way and on her own time.

She is actually very independent when given the chance to be. She is the middle child of the younger girls and I tend to lump her with her big sister a lot because they are so close in age and this is not who she is. She did an art project all by herself yesterday and I have to say that I was very impressed.

She is not as strange as we think she is, she is actually a normal 3 year old. We have noticed that she has a very short attention span, but so do all the kids in our class. She tends to like to play a lot and doesn't always focus on things, but it really depends on the situation. I have noticed that at home there are task that she is wonderful at if left to preform them on her own.

Mommy and Me is about getting you child ready for school, but its also about giving you a better look at your child. Its a wonderful program for her and I cant wait to see how she blossoms as we continue. If you have a chance to join a program similar to this I suggest that you do it will let you see your child in an entirely new light.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Swidget 1.0 2