Sunday, August 22, 2010

And So it begins

School officially started for us on August the 12 and it was super crazy the first few days.  The kids are now going on the 2nd full week of school and I think we all have the hang our routine.   This year we have a kindergartner, preschooler, and one in high school.  My teen dd also has tennis practice Monday-Thursday.  Everyone comes home hungry so this for the next 30 days I will be working on my after school snack list. 

Right now my goal is to be able to make a healthy snack and I have been looking everywhere for ideas.  I have a few recipes that I have been working on and so far so good.  I am looking for any suggestions of easy, quick, healthy, homemade snacks.  If you have any please leave me a comment and I will get back to you on if it passed the kid test.  This last week I made Pretzel Monkey Bread from Amazing Moms, it was a big hit with my girls.  We took it a step further and omitted some of the salt and in turn the girls dipped their bread in cinnamon sugar.  I love the fact that they have several recipes for monkey bread and I look forward to trying a few more.  This week I am hoping to work on a bento box inspired snack, fruit platter, a few baked goods and even some cookies just for fun.

Looking forward to a wonderful school year and looking forward to some amazing after school snacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Swidget 1.0 2