Saturday, August 7, 2010

How Old Is He?

Our son was born 2 months premature, he is considered to be a newborn right now.  He was born over two months ago but on a chart he is only a little over two weeks old.  When someone ask me how old he is I stumble to remember his adjusted age and feel like I should explain my fumble by stating he was a preemie.  I have read the articles and know that his adjusted age is how he is currently developing, but he had actually been on the earth for almost 3 months.  I know that at some point he will catch up and we wont have to give his adjusted age anymore but for right that is the best way to go.  I will get better at it with time and once I am truly use to it, I wont have to utilize it anymore.  So yes my son was born in May, but he is only 2 weeks old. 

Side note, his father want to celebrate his birthday every year on his due date not the date he was born.  We are currently still in the middle of that argument (discussion) and hopefully by next year we will be at some sort of compromise or I will have won.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Swidget 1.0 2