Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day Pride

Happy Mother's day to all current, past and future mother.  This mother's day I was given the gift of sleep by my oldest DD, she did a wonderful thing by letting her old mom sleep in.  She also made homemade biscuits and gravy while watching the children so I am really impressed. 

On this day I look back at all the wonderful things that my mother did for me.  I am not now and have never been a perfect daughter and so I give a special thanks to my mother for putting up with all of my issues and crap.  My mother was a single mom with two kids to care for and one of them was sick.  It was not easy for her to work a full time job with an every changing schedule and still be a full time mom and dad to both me and my little brother.  She was almost always there and even when she wasn't she made sure that we knew it was because she had no other chose.  I applaud my mom for her teaching me that nothing is perfect, nothing is easy and nothing is promised.  I look at my children and hope that they know there is nothing I would not do for them.  I have one person in my life who has never let me down and that is my mother.  I would give anything to be half the parent that she is and was.  As this mother's day goes on, I will continue to think of the wonderful and imaginative way that she parented and the confidence that she gave me to just be me.  I look forward to many more mother's day with my own children.  So to my mother, my grandmothers, and my great grandmothers I say thank you and I love you for each of you has influenced me in some special way and without you I wouldn't be who I am today.


I love my Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Swidget 1.0 2